Internal Job Advert – Countrywide Legal Advisor
The Wills Department are currently looking to recruit a new fee earner for our Countrywide project.
- To advise clients by telephone, using the prescribed fact find, on legal concepts surrounding the area of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs).
- To ensure the level of advice given is within the boundaries of personal knowledge and ability. Where additional advice is needed and the fee earner has not been trained or does not feel 100% competent to advise, then the client must be referred to another fee earner with the requisite knowledge and ability.
- To draft clients Wills, LPAs and any other ancillary work where necessary and to ensure such documents are executed correctly.
- To manage a caseload of Wills and LPA files from inception to closure.
- To manage a diary of meetings and case load work. The fee earner should ensure they are creating enough availability within their diaries to achieve their targets each month. The fee earner should also be flexible in terms of working hours to accommodate clients and to achieve their monthly targets.
- To ensure a high level of customer service is offered at all times and in line with the Right Will process and standards.
- To fully participate in their personal, professional and business development. The fee earner should attend all scheduled training sessions, ensure all prescribed reading is completed and take some personal responsibility for their own learning and development.
- To keep up to date business books, target sheets and update billing and banking statistics.
- To ensure the culture of Right Legal Group is maintained and upheld at all times.
- Any other duties consistent with the scope of the job.
For this role, personal qualities are a very important part of the candidate profile. The ideal candidate will:
- Be friendly, confident and reliable.
- Be very well organised with a careful and accurate approach.
- Have excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Be comfortable with people and have a caring and empathetic nature, understanding that every case has potential to become contentious or difficult.
- Have an excellent telephone manner.
- Have attention to detail.
- Have a willingness and ability to learn on the job.
- Be hardworking, eager to learn and develop new skills.
Legal knowledge/experience is not essential for this role as full training will be given to the successful applicant but a desire to learn and dedication to personal development is essential.