Simpson Solicitors, a unique, innovative and ambitious law firm and business has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Private Client Solicitor to deliver an elite service to businesses of all shapes and sizes by providing advice and recommendation to in the areas of Wills, Trusts, and Estates.
The Private Client Business department is at a stage of real growth and this is a huge opportunity for the right individual to make a real impact in the department and its growth moving forwards.
Purpose of the Job:
To deliver an elite service to small to medium sized businesses by providing advice and recommendations relating to Wills, Trusts, Estates, shareholders agreements and cross option agreements to the business owner(s) and ensuring that service is delivered in line with our company values and our core purpose.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering outstanding customer service at all times
- Working with the rest of the business to deliver its core purpose and cultural values
- Handling your own caseload of business estate planning files which includes attending client meetings delivering the RightWill service and advise on all aspects of personal and commercial estate planning and managing the file from inception to close
- Draft wills, trusts and lasting powers of attorney and any other ancillary work and ensure all documents are executed correctly in line with company timeframes
- Arranging meetings with all parties involved in the ownership of the business
- Using online tools such as Companies House, where necessary
- Working with financial advisors, accountants and business advisors
- You will be responsible for developing and nurturing relationships with business connections
- Referring clients for any financial services or any other services required which are out of the scope of the role of an advisor in legal practice, where appropriate
- Arranging and holding client meetings with another professional such as financial advisor or accountant
- Deliver presentations on your area of expertise
- To ensure the RightWill service is offered at all times and in line with the RightWill process
- Full diary management to ensure sufficient availability to accommodate client meetings
- Keep up to date business books and billing and banking statistics
- To work with the internal Accounts department to ensure all client and office monies are correctly banked in line with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and company policies
- To mentor new advisors who join the team when asked to do so by your manager
- Any other duties consistent with the general scope of the job
- Qualified Solicitor in Private Client law OR 1-2 years’ experience handling your own case load in Private Client law
- Passion – Believe and deliver ‘The WOW Factor’ to our clients and colleagues
- Experience in handling or handling business to business relationships is desirable
- Ability and willingness to learn and develop in a fast paced environment is essential
- Commitment/dedication –committed to delivering an elite service to business owners
- Ability to summarise legal and commercial issues succinctly and provide practical and confident advice and recommendations
- High energy and enthusiasm with a professional attitude
- Ability to provide a five-star client service and be assertive
- Organised and dedicated in managing client relationships and relationships with financial services connections
- Hardworking, flexible and reliable and ability to use initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and on your own
Working for Simpson Solicitors and the Right Legal Group
We value our employees and promote a positive culture within the whole company. Your own personal development is very important to us and we will ensure you are fully supported in your own learning and growth within the business.
This would be an ideal position for a legal practitioner who is looking for a new and exciting challenge and wants to make a real impact to business owners by building long lasting relationships and assisting them to secure the future of their business and their loved ones.
Competitive salary dependant on experience, a bonus structure based on individual performance and a company pension.
Other important information
Driving license is essential.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by close of play Wednesday 17th June 2020.