Probate Fee Earner
The Right Legal Group are looking for a full time probate fee earner to join our expanding team.
As a company we specialise in Wills and Probate Law and the probate team are predominantly dealing with Administrations of Estates, Inheritance Tax returns, setting up and administering trusts and generally offering legal assistance to lay executors with any challenges they may face. It is essential that our customers receive a 5* service and are dealt with empathetically as they are usually going through a very difficult time of their lives.
Examples of what you will be doing:
- Managing own caseload of probate files to complete grant only applications and in the main full Administrations of Estates
- Dealing with both taxable and non-taxable estates regularly completing IHT205 and IHT400 forms with accompanying schedules. Making applications for exemptions and reliefs when appropriate
- Assessing the tax position of the estate and advising on tax efficient Deeds of Variation
- Sitting client meetings for local clients and dealing with lawyers across our network to work collaboratively on certain matters
- Handling early stages of contentious probate – placing and removing caveats, answering Larke v Nugus requests, effectively dealing with disputes such as validity and I(PFD)A claims, prior to litigation.
- Working with an effective case management system to ensure consistency of approach across the department
- Working with the team to develop the department’s processes and procedures
Experience you will have:
- Fee Earner with at least 2 years’ experience in managing your own probate caseload – this may be a probate Solicitor/CILEX or experienced paralegal
- Ability to summarise legal issues succinctly and provide practical and confident advice
Working for the Right Legal Group
We value our employees and promote a positive culture within the whole company. Your own personal development is very important to us and we will ensure you are fully supported in your own learning and growth within the business.
The probate department is at a stage of real growth and this is a huge opportunity for the right individual to make a real impact on the structure of the department moving forwards.
Competitive salary dependant on experience, a bonus structure based on individual performance and company pension.